2017 has been widely regarded as something of a rollercoaster ride in global politics, so it could be easy to forget that there are plenty of wonderful things happening all around the globe. In April alone, there have been so many good news stories that there isn’t enough room for all of them here, but here’s some of the highlights:
- Australian prisoners showed their softer side and united to rehab a drug-addicted python.
- Straight men held hands in the Netherlands to help combat homophobia.
- April the giraffe gave birth to her calf after a 15 month pregnancy. The calf then met his dad and the internet rejoiced.
- A baby elephant was caught on video escaping the jaws of a crocodile.
- The first woman (and total badass) to run the Boston Marathon just did it again, 50 years later.
Next time you feel overwhelmed by bad news, remember that the world isn’t such a terrible place.